Thursday, June 30, 2011

So....I'm in Texas....

A little update for all of my devoted readers (!)...I'm now in San Marcos, Texas (as of mid-March). San Marcos is the home of Texas State University where Carlos is currently pursuing a PhD in math education.

San Marcos is almost smack-dab between Austin and San Antonio (about 20-30 miles from each) on Interstate 35. The key word to describe San Marcos right now is: HOT.

I am waiting on my Texas RN license to get activated and am working at the Pottery Barn outlet store doing visuals. It's a job - that's all I'm sayin'...!

I think Texas is an acquired taste. I'm not loving it (yet) and wonder if I ever will. I'm not miserable -- life here is immensely better than in Tegucigalpa: safer, cleaner, more opportunities, etc. I've noticed that there are very few transplants in this neck of the woods...most people I've met at Pottery Barn are Texas natives - and seriously, they're all great people: down to earth, friendly, and laid-back.

I've been bad about updating this blog. Will try to be more proactive!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see a post! I've been bad too...Elizabeth was my guest on my blog the other day. Seriously, I've had more luck getting word out on FB as far as the political arena....I'm usually speaking to the choir, no matter what! LOL! Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete